17 Mar 2016
en CROSS CURRICULAR, current affairs, funny stuff, Sin categoría, SPECIAL DAYS AND CELEBRATIONS
You know I love infographics there are plenty of them on this topic!
Have a look to find out more about one of the most popular and most widespread celebrations of the Irish culture?
dis you know that: Chicago river is dyed in green to celebrate St Patrick’s?
03 Mar 2016
en 3ºESO, CROSS CURRICULAR, current affairs, funny stuff, Sin categoría
Etiquetas:3eso, english week
This next week 7th to 11th March a group of students of 3ºESO are taking an ‘Englñish Week’ we are travelling to Santa Susana, Barcelona, to experience a week in a camp with native teachers and monitors. There will be plenty of sport activities, English and fun! Are you ready to come? Remember to bring sport clothes, swimming suit, trainers, towels and sleeping bag.
Our English week is organized by Grupos Organizados. It is a stay centered on the practice of English of school students with native English speakers via an intense coexistence with them while performing a multitude of activities in the natural environment.
It is a stay where students practice “real English”, the everyday English they would use if they travelled to an English speaking country. We want our students to live firsthand what it would be like to be surrounded by the language. This is done in a real context of communication so in that way they feel that all of the English they study in school has meaning
26 Feb 2016
en CROSS CURRICULAR, current affairs, funny stuff
Etiquetas:leap year, science, weird
This February we have an extra day, February 29th. This happens every 4 years as you may know.
- Do you remember where did you do last 29th February?
- What will you be doing in 4 years time, when next 29th February would appear again in our calendar?
- Do you know any ‘leaper’ or ‘leapling’? How old is he/she supposed to be officially?
- But do you know why this 2016 is 366 days long?
The Earth actually takes 365 day, 5hours 48 minutes and 46 seconds exactly, to make a complete circle around the sun. In order to account for these 6 extra hours, we have to add an extra day every few years to keep our calendar in sync.
you can also watch this video
11 Feb 2016
en 1ºBTO, 4ºESO, CROSS CURRICULAR, funny stuff, listening, SPECIAL DAYS AND CELEBRATIONS, video
Etiquetas:bet you didn't know, love, St Valentine's, webquest
Visit http://www.history.com/topics/valentines-day-facts and decide whether the following facts are true (T) or false (F). Correct those that are false.
- There are 34 single men aged 65 or older for every 100 single women of the same age.
- In the US, there are 2.2 million marriages every year, which is more than 600 a day.
- More than 50% of all Valentine’s Day cards are bought in the six days before the celebration.
- In 2004, there were 21,667 florists across the US and between all these businesses 109,915 people were employed.
- 70%: the percentage of men and women aged 30 to 34 who had been married at some point in their lives in 2006
- Valentine’s Day is the most popular time to send greetings cards with 141 million cards sent every year.
- In 2008, 112,185 marriages were performed in Nevada. So many couples ’tie the knot’ there that it is the fifth most popular US state in which to marry even though it only ranks 35th in terms of population.
- 904: the number of dating service companies in America in 2002
- More than 50% of the US population celebrate Valentine’s Day by purchasing a greetings card.
- There are 100 single women in their 20s for every 119 single men of the same age.
19 Ene 2016
en 3ºESO, CROSS CURRICULAR, SPECIAL DAYS AND CELEBRATIONS
Etiquetas:crafts, new year resolutions
Last week we talked about New Year’s Resolutions in class. This is the activity done in 3º Eso. We have elaborated a card with our resolutions for 2016 , we have collected them and they are shown in our classes, just in case you want to see them, you’re welcome!
This is what we have written about, would you like to do your own?
- 2 ⇒things we learnt last year
- 0⇒zero for a thing we will stop this year
- 1⇒ one thing we would really want to do this year
- 6⇒general resolutions we traditionally propose ourselves at the beginning of a new year
3º ESO B. Ies Medina Albaida
22 Dic 2015
en 1ºADM, 1ºBTO, 1ºESO, 1ºESO ELEMENTARY, 2ºBto, 2ºESO, 3ºDIV, 3ºESO, 4ºESO, BASICS, CROSS CURRICULAR, funny stuff, listening, Sin categoría, songs and lyrics, SPECIAL DAYS AND CELEBRATIONS, video
SPEAKING WARM UP:
a) What do you usually eat at Christmas?
b) Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
c) What is the best thing about Christmas in your opinion?
d) Which traditions do you follow at Christmas?
e) What is unique about Christmas in the place where you live?
f) What do you remember about last Christmas?
g) Where would you like to spend Christmas one year
XMAS CAROLS FOR THE CLASSROOM, BE READY TO SING ALONG IN OUR HIGH SCHOOL
- LAST CHRISTMAS,
Listen to this popular Christmas song by Wham from 1984. . Watch the video and listen at to complete the lyrics:
Last Christmas, I gave you (1) _____ But the very next day, you gave it away . This year, to save me from tears
I’ll give it to someone special
Once bitten and twice (2) ___
I (3) ____________ my distance but tears still catch my eye
Tell me, baby, do you recognize me?
It’s been a year; it doesn’t (4) _____________ me
Happy Christmas–I wrapped it up and (5) ______________ it
With a note saying, “I love you”; I (6) _______________ it
Now I know what a fool I’ve been
But if you (7) ______________ me now, I know you’d fool me again
A crowded room, friends with tired eyes
I’m (8) ______________ from you and your soul of (9)___
My God, I thought you were someone to (10) ______________ on Me, I guess I was a (11)_____to (12) ______________ on
A face on a (13) ____with a fire in his heart
A man under cover, but you tore me apart Ooh, now I’ve found a real love
You’ll never fool me again
A face on a (14) ___ with a fire in his heart
A man under cover, but you tore him apart Maybe next year I’ll give it to someone
I’ll give it to someone special, special Someone…someone
I’ll give it to someone
I’ll give it to someone special, special
This is Taylor Swift version, maybe you’ve heard , with which you can correct your lyrics:
20 Oct 2015
en 1ºBTO, CROSS CURRICULAR, current affairs, funny stuff, news
Etiquetas:1º bachillerato, 2º bachillerato, 4º eso, adults and teens, facebook, infographic, speaking
We all hear anecdotally about the movement of teens to other (often mobile-centric) Social Media platforms.
So what did we discover?
- For Facebook North American active users numbers are declining
- The average age of Facebook users has risen from 38 to 41 years old
- The number of Moms getting on Facebook is rising sharply
- Teens are increasingly going mobile and Facebook is not their favorite app
- There are a lot of hot, new apps like Kik Messenger, WhatsApp and SnapChat that are grabbing the attention of teenagers
It’s all displayed below for you in this “hot of the press” infographic. Enjoy and feel free to share or embed using the code below the infographic!
Social Media Intelligence via Right Mix Marketing