11 Feb 2016
en 1ºBTO, 4ºESO, CROSS CURRICULAR, funny stuff, listening, SPECIAL DAYS AND CELEBRATIONS, video
Etiquetas:bet you didn't know, love, St Valentine's, webquest
Visit http://www.history.com/topics/valentines-day-facts and decide whether the following facts are true (T) or false (F). Correct those that are false.
- There are 34 single men aged 65 or older for every 100 single women of the same age.
- In the US, there are 2.2 million marriages every year, which is more than 600 a day.
- More than 50% of all Valentine’s Day cards are bought in the six days before the celebration.
- In 2004, there were 21,667 florists across the US and between all these businesses 109,915 people were employed.
- 70%: the percentage of men and women aged 30 to 34 who had been married at some point in their lives in 2006
- Valentine’s Day is the most popular time to send greetings cards with 141 million cards sent every year.
- In 2008, 112,185 marriages were performed in Nevada. So many couples ’tie the knot’ there that it is the fifth most popular US state in which to marry even though it only ranks 35th in terms of population.
- 904: the number of dating service companies in America in 2002
- More than 50% of the US population celebrate Valentine’s Day by purchasing a greetings card.
- There are 100 single women in their 20s for every 119 single men of the same age.
15 Ene 2016
en 1ºBTO, 2ºBto, 4ºESO, news, news, current affairs, Sin categoría, songs and lyrics, video
David Bowie has died from cancer at the age of 69. The influential singer-songwriter and producer was famous for his music, style, and contribution to the world of music. Known for his eccentric and ever-changing sense of style, his over-40-year career spanned glam rock, art rock, soul, hard rock, dance, pop, punk and electronica. He had just released his twenty-fifth album, Blackstar, on January 8th, which was his birthday. The singer’s publicist confirmed the news on his Facebook page, saying David Bowie died peacefully today, surrounded by his family after a courageous 18-month battle with cancer. Stars and influential figures have paid tribute to a man considered by many one of the most influential artists of the 20th century.
- LISTENING COMPREHENSION:
- would you like to take this quiz? it’s not easy…
LESSON PLANS ON DAVID BOWIE
11 Ene 2016
en 1ºBTO, 2ºBto, funny stuff, Sin categoría, SPECIAL DAYS AND CELEBRATIONS
Etiquetas:new year resolutions
A New Year’s Resolution is a promise to yourself to improve your life in some way. You can improve your life by starting something new, by trying harder at something, by cutting down on something, or even quitting something. OR we can just keep doing what we are doing now.
Which are yours?
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016
22 Dic 2015
en 1ºADM, 1ºBTO, 1ºESO, 1ºESO ELEMENTARY, 2ºBto, 2ºESO, 3ºDIV, 3ºESO, 4ºESO, BASICS, CROSS CURRICULAR, funny stuff, listening, Sin categoría, songs and lyrics, SPECIAL DAYS AND CELEBRATIONS, video
SPEAKING WARM UP:
a) What do you usually eat at Christmas?
b) Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
c) What is the best thing about Christmas in your opinion?
d) Which traditions do you follow at Christmas?
e) What is unique about Christmas in the place where you live?
f) What do you remember about last Christmas?
g) Where would you like to spend Christmas one year
XMAS CAROLS FOR THE CLASSROOM, BE READY TO SING ALONG IN OUR HIGH SCHOOL
- LAST CHRISTMAS,
Listen to this popular Christmas song by Wham from 1984. . Watch the video and listen at to complete the lyrics:
Last Christmas, I gave you (1) _____ But the very next day, you gave it away . This year, to save me from tears
I’ll give it to someone special
Once bitten and twice (2) ___
I (3) ____________ my distance but tears still catch my eye
Tell me, baby, do you recognize me?
It’s been a year; it doesn’t (4) _____________ me
Happy Christmas–I wrapped it up and (5) ______________ it
With a note saying, “I love you”; I (6) _______________ it
Now I know what a fool I’ve been
But if you (7) ______________ me now, I know you’d fool me again
A crowded room, friends with tired eyes
I’m (8) ______________ from you and your soul of (9)___
My God, I thought you were someone to (10) ______________ on Me, I guess I was a (11)_____to (12) ______________ on
A face on a (13) ____with a fire in his heart
A man under cover, but you tore me apart Ooh, now I’ve found a real love
You’ll never fool me again
A face on a (14) ___ with a fire in his heart
A man under cover, but you tore him apart Maybe next year I’ll give it to someone
I’ll give it to someone special, special Someone…someone
I’ll give it to someone
I’ll give it to someone special, special
This is Taylor Swift version, maybe you’ve heard , with which you can correct your lyrics:
24 Nov 2015
en 1ºBTO, 2ºBto, 4ºESO, Sin categoría
Etiquetas:already, ever, for, for&since, Present perfect, presentations, since, yet
There you have some videos to watch to BETTER UNDERSTAND present perfect
20 Oct 2015
en 1ºBTO, CROSS CURRICULAR, current affairs, funny stuff, news
Etiquetas:1º bachillerato, 2º bachillerato, 4º eso, adults and teens, facebook, infographic, speaking
We all hear anecdotally about the movement of teens to other (often mobile-centric) Social Media platforms.
So what did we discover?
- For Facebook North American active users numbers are declining
- The average age of Facebook users has risen from 38 to 41 years old
- The number of Moms getting on Facebook is rising sharply
- Teens are increasingly going mobile and Facebook is not their favorite app
- There are a lot of hot, new apps like Kik Messenger, WhatsApp and SnapChat that are grabbing the attention of teenagers
It’s all displayed below for you in this “hot of the press” infographic. Enjoy and feel free to share or embed using the code below the infographic!
Social Media Intelligence via Right Mix Marketing
27 Oct 2014
en 1ºBTO, 2ºBto, news
22 Oct 2014
The Ebola outbreak.
Scientists are trying to develop a vaccine against Ebola
The Ebola virus has killed hundreds of people in West Africa. The World Health Organisation has allowed the use of drugs which have not been fully tested.
Rob and Feifei discuss the use of these new drugs on patients. Who gets the drug? Who is to blame if they feel worse? Listen to the programme.
This week’s question:
The virus Ebola got its name after a river in the northern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo. But when was it discovered? Was it in:
b) 1976 or
medicine which has not been fully tested
proportion of people in a particular group who die
effects of a particular medicine that are not intended
formal document in which a person gives up rights to something
a situation in which a difficult choice has to be made
02 Oct 2014
en 1ºBTO, future
there you have plenty of practice online for you to review and reinforce the grammar points studied in the first lesson of your students books, you can benefit of the days off we will enjoy next week to catch up with the group and start courageously next week!!
SIMPLE PRESENT AND CONTINOUS
– present simple and present continuous
FUTURE: TENSES EXPRESSING FUTURE
– will and going to
– will and going to
– will, going to and present continuous
FUTURE CONTINUOUS AND FUTURE PERFECT
– future simple and future perfect
– future perfect and continuous
ABILITY: CAN, COULD AND BE ABLE TO
– exercise 1
– exercise 2
17 Ene 2013
en 1ºBTO, 2ºBto, Sin categoría
Etiquetas:conditionals, if, type i, type ii, type iii, unless
The conditional sentences are sometimes confusing for learners of English, for Spanish learners the problem comes when you try to translate our ‘subjunctive’..
There are three types of the if-clauses.
||condition possible to fulfill
||condition in theory possible to fulfill
||condition not possible to fulfill (too late)
present/ will-future (or Modal + infinitive)/ imperative IF I STUDY I PASS/ WILL PASS THE EXAM
would + infinitive *
IF I STUDIED I WOULD PASS THE EXAM
would + have + past participle *
IF I HAD STUDIED I WOULD HAVE PASSED THE EXAM
* We can substitute could or might for would (should, may or must are sometimes possible, too).
If can be replaced by words or expressions with a similar meaning.
as long as
on condition (that)
on the assumption (that)
with the condition (that)
ONLINE EXERCISES ON CONDITIONALS: self correction
Complete correct tense: type I,II and III click here
Rephrasing click here
more exercises to print click here