27 Oct 2015
en Sin categoría
HISTORY OF HALLOWEEN
- Where is the celebration of Halloween thought to have come from?
- The Celts occupied an area of land covering six modern-day countries. Name at least three of them.
- Why did the Celts celebrate ’Samhain’ on the night of 31st October?
- What did the Celts believe the ghosts of the dead would cause damage and trouble to?
- What costumes did they wear?
- By 7th c. who had conquered the Celts? and what festivity did they introduce?
- What two other festivals were combined with ’Samhain’ with the Christians?
- After many changes due to the spread of Christianity, what new celebration was created in 1000 AD?
- What is “going a souling”?
- What do the poor had to pray for?
A %d blogueros les gusta esto: